BARD – PARKER ® CONVENTIONAL BLADES
• Intended for tissue separation and other procedures that require a sharp blade to puncture or cut.
• The way in which a surgical blade is handled prior to use can affect the way in which the blade performs during use. Take care to ensure the cutting edge of a blade does not become damaged once removed from its packaging. This includes dropping the blade into a metal bowl or other container that could potentially dull the blade. It also includes not gripping the blade with a forceps or needle clamp across the cutting edge of the blade.
• During use, avoid putting excessive force or strain on the blade in order to help prevent breakage.
• Keep in mind that surgical blades are sharp instruments. Take proper precautions in handling the blade so as not to injure yourself or others before, during, or after use. Seek proper training and instruction on use before handling.
• This device is single use only. Reuse of this device may lead to patient cross contamination and/or device failure.
• During use avoid twisting, bending or putting excessive force or strain on the blade in order to help prevent breakage.
• A singular blade is intended to cut tissue up to 24 inches.
• If blade becomes dull or breaks, dispose and replace product.